Press ReleaseBack to Press Room
Diodes Incorporated & Transphorm Introduce 130W Active Clamp Flyback (ACF) SuperGaN USB-C PD Adapter Evaluation Kit
The kit pairs Diodes’ high-performing, innovative ACF controllers and Transphorm’s patented normally-off SuperGaN Gen IV devices with input power factor correction (PFC). The resulting solution delivers low standby power, higher efficiency, unprecedented thermal performance, and optimal system bill-of-materials (BOM) cost, compared to e-mode GaN and silicon-based systems. It exceeds DOE VI and COC Tier 2 power efficiency requirements and allows for increased power density.
Diodes’ ACF solutions are designed to leverage next generation power conversion technologies in configurations offering greater performance than traditional flyback systems and significantly lower cost than half-bridge resonant LLC solutions in USB PD charging applications. The new 130W ACF SuperGaN kit is no exception, enabling easy and quick evaluation of advanced technologies while accelerating go-to-market timelines. Capabilities include:
- High power peak efficiency: > 93.5%
- High power factor: > 0.90 over line over 60% load
- Ultra-low total harmonic distortion (THD): < 18% over line over 60% load
- Low standby power: < 43mW
- Lowest switch temperature: < 75°C
The kit uses three main Diodes controllers and two SuperGaN FETs from
- The AP3306: A highly integrated ACF controller designed for ultra-low standby power and high power density requirements, with comprehensive protection mechanisms incorporated.
- The APR340: A MOSFET driver intended for secondary-side synchronous rectification.
- The AP43771V: A USB Type-C PD3.0 decoder, with on/off N-channel MOSFET control and robust protection features.
- Two TP65H150G4LSG devices: These are SuperGaN 650V, 150mΩ FETs, with one each for the PFC control and ACF control stages respectively.
“Diodes’ AP3306 ACF controller allows high integration, low standby power, optimal system cost, and versatile protection for a wide range of power adapters from 45W to 140W, while our AP43771V USB-PD controller with PPS provision has an MCU with virtual multi-time programmable area for customization, supporting different quick charger power profiles. Transphorm’s SuperGaN technology enables us to deliver the highest efficiency, lowest device temperature and ultimately high power density adapter system that is easy to drive without requiring any additional drivers or complex interfacing,” said
“The development kit from Diodes, an innovator and provider of multiple controllers in the USB-PD adapter market, is an invaluable opportunity to help customers quickly realize the benefits of GaN power conversion for high-performance notebooks,” said
The simple-to-use 130W USB PD ACF kit allows manufacturers to quickly customize and implement 90W to 150W adapter designs with USB-C, PPS, and multi-protocol configurations. This kit is now available upon request from Diodes.
The SuperGaN mark is a registered trademark of
USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of
All product names, logos, brands, trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SVP, Worldwide Sales & Marketing
Investor Relations Contacts:
1-214-272-0070 | 1-949-224-3874